Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program
DID YOU KNOW?
- Switching to compact fluorescent or high efficiency luminaire lighting can cut electricity use for lighting by up to 75 per cent.
- Replacing air conditioners that are more than 10 years old, can reduce energy costs for heating and cooling by up to 40 per cent.
- Fixing leaks in compressed air systems can cut electricity use for the machine by up to 50 per cent
More than 6,000 NSW small businesses have already registered for the Energy Efficiency for Small Business program. On average, businesses have identified electricity savings of $1,400 and 10 tonnes of carbon pollution a year.
The Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program offers up to $5,000 (inc. GST)* for buying and installing energy efficient equipment.
And what’s more …
Businesses get up to four hours free support to coordinate installation.
Assistance is provided to get quotes, oversee work and complete paperwork, freeing up your time to focus on your business.
So, if you are thinking about upgrading equipment such as lighting, air conditioning, hot water, insulation or commercial refrigeration, you will only have to contribute half the cost towards your energy efficiency improvements.
Case Study: Feel Amazing Wellness Centre
The Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program was an opportunity for the Wellness Centre to better understand its use of electricity, make changes to reduce carbon pollution and save money.
The Centre had electricity bills of $3,560 per year – about 24 tonnes of carbon pollution a year.
They received an energy assessment, an Energy Action Plan and implemented all recommendations, saving:
- $413 in electricity costs or 3,916 KWh a year
- 4.2 tonnes of carbon pollution a year.
The Centre received a $1,430 subsidy to:
- replace lights with more energy efficient light globes
- switch to eco-power boards
- install a timer on the hot water system.
Am I Eligible?
If your business spends up to about $20,000 (inc GST) in electricity a year OR employs up to approximately 10 full time staff, you are eligible to join the Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program.
Refer to Terms and Conditions:
For more information:
Call: Environment Line on 1300 361 967
Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water NSW:
59-61 Goulburn Street, Sydney
PO Box A290, Sydney South NSW 1232
Phone: +61 2 8837 6000
Fax: +61 2 8837 6099